Our commitment to privacy
Bicycle Garage Limited (company number 10822586) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. We adhere to guidelines published in the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 which is applicable from 25 May 2018, together with any domestic laws subsequently enacted.
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Bicycle Garage Limited of 8 St Edwards Road, Manchester, England M14 7TD.
By coming to our shop on 24 Denmark Rd, Manchester, M15 6FG, browsing our website , contacting us via our website , email or phone, buying or using any of our shop services, you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
Information we collect from you
We will collect and process the following data about you:
1) Customers name, telephone number. Calls to our shop are not recorded. Book with all customers names and telephone numbers will be destroyed after each calendar year.
2)Your email address if contacting via our website or email box directly. Gmail who is our email provider automatically saves email addresses. If you want us to cancel your email address from our contact group please let know any of our staff member.
3)Our card machine provider (iZettle) will also ask your email address in order to send you an electronic receipt. Your email address may be saved by iZettle in order to sending receipts when using the same card with another seller using iZettle. To find out how to opt out from iZettle follow the links in your receipts.
4) Information about your physical visit to any of our premises through CCTV footage with exact date and time of entering and leaving the entrance and exit. This footage is cancelled form our CCTV hard drive automatically after 2 weeks and will be saved and sent to the Police only in the event of recording the crime committed in our shop or outside of it.
5) Bicycle Garage Ltd do not source personal data of customers from outside companies.
Uses made of the information provided by you
We use information held about you in the following ways:
1) We use your name and telephone number (or email address) in order of informing you about the progress of service that we provide.
2)CCTV footage is only used as prevention of crime.
3)Your email address is used by our card machine provider in order to sending receipts.
4)Bicycle Garage Ltd do not use your personal data in its marketing. We do not share information provided by you with other companies.
Where we store your personal data
1) Your name and telephone number or email address is held in our shop book with only access by our staff members.
2) Your email address is held in our email box (gmail). Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
How long we will keep your information
1) We will keep your name and telephone number for up to one year. At the end of each calendar year our shop book is destroyed.
2) CCTV footage will be saved on its hard drive for two weeks and then automatically cancelled.
3) CCTV crime footage will be saved on memory stick and passed on to the local Police Station.
4) Your email address is automatically saved in our email box and we commit to cancel it on your request as soon as we finish business with you.
5) To learn how our card machine provider(iZettle) saves your email address please follow links on your receipt or visit the website .
You have the right at any time to:
1)Ask for a copy of the information about you held by us in our records.
2)Make a request to us to delete what personal data of yours we hold.
Should you wish to company about the use of your information, we would ask that you contact us to resolve the matter in the first instance. You also have the right to complain to the Company Director in relation to our use of your information.